Toward better health and prosperity of ASEAN
Welcome to the ASEAN University Network – Health Promotion Network (AUN–HPN).
AUN–HPN is dedicated to health promotion in the ASEAN region.
AUN–HPN has been formed to promote the roles of higher education institutions in the areas of health promotion across the ten ASEAN countries.
AUN–HPN is part of a wider global movement for higher education institutions to develop healthier campuses, workplaces and environments.
AUN–HPN’s Secretariat is based at Mahidol University in Thailand.
- To serve as a platform for ASEAN higher education institutions for collaboration among themselves and with other key stakeholders for the purpose of health promotion in the ASEAN region.
- To share knowledge, skills and resources among the network members in order to build capacity for health promotion and to develop innovative solutions to common health challenges in the region.
The expected outcomes are:
- Member universities become health promoting universities, and act as health promoters for the whole society.
- Member universities play the leadership role in health promotion in their countries.
- Member universities set up a policy-linked research center for evidence-based policy making to mitigate health problems in their countries.
- To provide a discussion platform for stakeholders (policy makers, academics, university students, communities and other partners) involved in health promotion activities within the ASEAN region for intellectual exchange and experience-sharing on the successes and best practices.
- To document outcomes of current health promotion policies and practices being implemented by participating universities, with a view to promoting effective health promotion policies and practices in cross-border collaboration among ASEAN universities.
- To promote the roles of universities in health promotion, particularly on action-oriented policies that relate to community and public health.
- To proactively promote platforms for knowledge sharing in the area of health promotion.