AUN–HPN has been active in expanding the healthy university network in Thailand, and invited five AUN member universities to be the focal point in each Thai region:
- Chulalongkorn University for the Central region
- Burapha University for the Eastern region
- Chiang Mai University for the Northern region
- Prince of Songkla University for the Southern region
- Mahidol University for the North-eastern region, in collaboration with Ubon Ratchathani University.
Throughout 2017 in the first phase of work, the goal of each university was to introduce the AUN–HPN and promote the AUN–HPN Healthy University Framework (HUF) to other Thai universities. Raising awareness through regional seminars has been part of the plan for health promotion across universities in Thailand.
In the second phase throughout 2018, local universities have been developing their regional health promotion university network and encouraging all universities to implement the HUF. Together, they will jointly expand the health promotion network of universities, share knowledge and experiences, and address issues.